Monday, April 14, 2014

Birthday Cake Treat Box

For a special birthday, a small cake was what I had in mind to give as a gift. I used the cut file from SVGcutting.com called Icing Tiered Cake Box found here. The paper used is from my stash. I found some really bright and happy colors for this cake. In the treat bags contained a plastic jar of bubbles, small noise maker (Clapper), spinner, and a wind up bear with cymbals.
Here's the cake top - it's a party hat and in the back is a chipboard star from my stash.  To make the ruffles around the hat, just run a needle with thread around the bottom of 1/2" soft white ribbon. Add a small pom-pom to finish it off. "Party" is printed from my computer.
Glasses are a die from Impression Obsession  -  4 layers are cut and glued together to make it sturdy enough to stand up on the cake layer.  The "Happy Birthday" strip is computer generated and goes around both cake layers. Yellow Stickles is added around the rim of the icing and the "dripping".
Remove the cake to reveal treats inside:
Stamped candy treats are from Jaded Blossom Stamps - this is the Birthday Candy Message found here: These all all festive colors that match the cake paper.
For feet, I dug around for some beads - worked fine!!!
I love how this cake turned out. I hope you also enjoyed it and was an inspiration to you.

5 comments:

Karen L said...

Patti, you know when my birthday is, right? ;-)

StampinwithAloha said...

This is cool!

StampinwithAloha said...

So cool!

StampinwithAloha said...

So cool!

Gwen said...

Oh this turned out so super cute!! I love it! You always make the best stuff!