Friday, June 21, 2013

Asian Flip Card

My friend Jan C. sent me this fabulous flip card. She knows how I love 3D cards and this one is one of my favorite styles................finished card size is 5" x 5" - fully opened, card measures 6-3/4" x 5". There is Washi paper accent on the top, bottom, front and back of the card as well as in the shaped center section.
Here's a closer look at the center of the image. It is so gorgeously colored. The Washi paper is the perfect scaled size for this card.  Gold accent along the shaped edge, too. Isn't it so gorgeous?  I love the gold throughout the red background Washi. The little girl has gold in her dress, too.
 
Here the card is "flipped" open to reveal the message underneath. It is a black embossed Kanji word for Love. I love those square adhesive "stones". I've seen them in the stores but never knew what to do with them.............so here's a great way to use them.  I am glad to learn something new each day!
Here's a closer look at the stamped Kanji. There is a small gold ring around the label - Jan is so precise in her cutting and "line" edging.   Hmmm.........I need to figure out how to do that.
THANK YOU Jan for such a great card............I really LOVE it!!!!

4 comments:

Isabel Z said...

I'd love to have you figure it out and teach us how to make it. Such an exquisite card from a talented artist.

Jan Castle said...

Thanks Patti...glad you liked it!
Isabel: it is a Sizzix Fancy Frame Flip-its die #657588 for the base flip it; 'Fancy Labels' Framelits dies for the graduated backgrounds #657575; Tim Holtz 'Brackets' On the Edge die #656625 for the edges on the card base; the Geisha is by Great Impressions #E547. I applied the gold edge with Gold Lame Smooch. The red and gold paper is Washi paper. Hope this helps.
Paper Hugs,
Jan

CarlavdM said...

Lovey card you received from your friend Jan.
Never thought of using it this way to flip.

eunice said...

Another FABULOUS card by Jan! Really like the stamped image of the Asian girl and how she colored her in with pearly colors. And the border treatment with the washi paper is amazing! Thanks for sharing Jan's beautiful and inspiring card with us!