Wednesday, January 9, 2013

HELP - SOS - Anyone know anything about Blogger?

OMG - AI YAH - My goodness...................I'm not sure what is going on with my blog site.  I am unable to insert the compress photo files from my computer. I have been trying to figure this out for a while (and, I mean a while).  I've tried another browser (Internet Explorer), shutting and restarting my computer, waiting a day to see if it was just a glitch,  but no help. I went on the trouble shoot Blogger site - no help..............boy, this is when you really need a real live person!!!!

I usually click the "insert image" icon and it brings me to a screen which has a box with "browser" next to it so I can select my photos off my computer..............but now what I see in it's place:

"you can upload JPG, GIF, PNG files" - clicking on this does not do anything

On the left side is
UPLOAD
from this Blog
From Picasa Web Albums
From your Phone
From your Webcam
From a URL

sigh...................none of these locations are where my photos have been stored..................it has been frustrating (to say the least)...............so if anyone has some info on how to "fix" this THAT would so great! Sigh................................otherwise, my postings will be a bit delayed until this gets resolved.

10 comments:

Joy said...

Patti, I had the same problem. Leanne suggested trying the HTML tab. you just got read through to find whre you want to place the photo. It worked for me!

Cristy Butzen said...

It's a "known issue" to blogger right now. I've been getting around it by upliading to picasa (which I use anyway) and then uploading to blogger from there, since that option works.

Creations by Patti said...

THANK YOU JOY for your suggestion - I am able to psot my photos now. And, thank you Cristy for letting me know it is a blogger issue and not me. I knew someone in the blog world would be able to be of assitance! Thank you both for such quick response. Back to my postings.............hugs, Patti

- - - - - - said...

on my blog there's a 'choose file' button further to the right of the 'upload' and other list - when I click on it I can search my desktop or files.

Jan Castle said...

Boo Hoo...I miss your post...will look forward ot it later!!!
Sorry, I can be of no help with your problem with Blogger....I have not posted myself since July 4, 2012...need to get back to it! LOL!
Hugs,
Jan

Hanna said...

I had the same problem a while ago. It turned out I had used all of the MB in my Picasa Web album and was not allowed to upload anything more. What I did was that I resized some of the photos on my blog in photoshop and deleted some photos from my picasa web album to create more space.

hugs,
Hanna

Leanne said...

Hi Patti!
Glad Joy got you the info. :)
I had the same problem and remembered to try to do it the old way. Via HTML. Glad it worked, but hopefully Blogger will fix it. It's so much easier to do it the "new" way. Sorry you were stressed.
Hugs,
Leanne

Nadine said...

Guess your using the internet explorer. Try it using an other browser like Firefox or Chrome.

Regards from Germany,
Nadine

Nadine said...

Here is the information from http://knownissues.blogspot.de/

"The photo upload icon is not appearing for some users on Internet Explorer. We're investigating the issue and will update this post as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, you can workaround this issue by using a different browser (such as Chrome or Firefox) or temporarily switching to the Edit HTML mode of the compose editor."

Creations by Patti said...

Wow - YOU all are such great help - all I can say is: it is so nice to have blog friends out there!!!! I was able to finally upload my photos the "old way" by clicking HTML (THANK YOU, Joy & Leanne). It took a while but it got done and I am glad all the posts can be scheduled appropriately.......hugs to all and thanks again for everyone's help.......P