Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Accordian and Pull Tab Card

Here's a fun birthday card I have been waiting to try for a long time. The original card with instructions and a video tutorial is posted here by Linda Kaiser. Using what I had on hand, here's my version of her card using a variety of items from my craft room. Paper used is SU Barely Banana as the card base, brown card stock as contrast.  Pattern paper is from my stash (found it at a Big Lots store). Finished card size is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2".
Side view of card:
View with side tab stamped message:


Cool, eh?  I love how this card turned out for a very special person. Here's the tab: made using SU Round Tab punch. Stamped "pull tab" image is from Papertrey Ink's Movers & Shakers Sentiments stamp set found here.
The stamped message is also from Papertrey Ink's Think Big Favorites #13 Stamp Set found here.
Closer look at the cupcake with Stardust Stickles. The cupcake is a SVG cut file from Cards by Bird which can be found here.
"Happy Birthday" is cut from a free SVGcuts.com cut file (found here) using my SCAL and Silhouette as the cutter. "KAT" is made using Arial font.
 The "50th" is also made using my SCAL/Silhouette Cameo: Arial font. And, don't you just love those presents throughout the card?  They are a Martha Stewart Boarder punch - just cut them apart, add Stickles to the bows.
 Back of card:
I will probably make another one of these type of cards............it turned out so great. Hope you also enjoyed it, too. Have a great crafty day.

1 comment:

Jan Castle said...

What a fun card...know you had a good time making this one!!!
Love it!
Jan