Friday, December 16, 2011

Spirits of Christmas Past - Candy Tree Box

I had this Candy Tree Box on my craft table and got side tracked once my Silhouette arrived. I am so happy to now complete it......at first, I wasn't sure if I would like it but it certainly turned out better than I thought. This is one of the many projects from the Spirits of Christmas Past Collection from SVGcuts.com. So this project was cut using my Cricut and SCAL2.........I have since updated my cutting program to SCAL3 so I can cut more accurately with my Silhouette. I added a punched star to the top. This tree took two and a half sheets of 12x12 Core-dinations Evergreen paper. It didn't take much pattern paper at all. I decided to make this tree monochromatic. Sponge the tree with SU Close to Cocoa ink everywhere. Tree size is 7" x 4-3/4".

Hot glue was used to adhere the punched star in pace. Then Yellow Stickles added.

I dug around my craft room and found some miniature string of bulbs to embellish this tree.....a tree has gotta have bulbs, right?.......perfect!!!! These bulbs were hot glued randomly on each level. Also wanted to point out: each section on the tree has part Designer Paper (from a retired 6x6 SU SAB pack with Old Olive assorted papers) and stamped/clear embossed - that's why it is shiny.

So to open the tree for the treats: flip the 2nd and 3rd layer up!!! I love how this is engineered so it can be easily assembled - it is quite sturdy.

I added a 1-1/4" x 1-1/2" trunk was added to the bottom. See how clean the tree bottom is?

Supplies:


  • Stamps: SU Elements of Style

  • CS: Core-dinations Evergreen, SU Chocolate Chip, SU SAB DSP Pack

  • Ink: Versamark, SU Close to Cocoa

  • Accys: Ink Essentials Sponger, Hot Glue Gun, Wet Adhesive, Star Punch, Yellow Stickles, Clear Embossing Powder.

Thank you and have a great weekend......................

4 comments:

Jan Castle said...

Clever lady - that you are!!! Really cute tree/box!
Jan

Karli said...

super cool!!! It makes for a great hiding place too :) PERFECT with the little bulbs. Hugs~

Soraya said...

so cute!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Hi Patty, I love the little lights you added to your tree... it's so wonderful!!