Friday, April 22, 2011

A Bow Maker

Here's something I wanted to share with everyone. I first saw this on Becca's web site (http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/) a couple months ago. Then I saw them at the Scrapbook Expo and also they started popping up on other blogs, too................I reverted back to Becca's site (see her posting on 3/16/2011 and also on 2/15/2011 Becca bit: Peg Bows). I love how she was able to easily make one of these out of scrap wood and WOW - they sure make a fabulous bow. Check Becca's site - she has a video using this peg method. This particular one measures: 5-1/4" x 3-1/4". The pegs are 3/8" and the holes are slightly bigger. The first four holes (from right to left) are 1" apart. The last hole is 1-1/2" apart.

The organdy bow on the pegs will finish 1" wide.

The finished bow:


There are probably other bow makers out there available - I like this one since it is by far, the most economical! Thank goodness for having a man around the house to make something that is really a 10 minute project.

6 comments:

June K. said...

Patti, thanks for posting about your bow maker and linking to Becca's blog. I have one of these (had for a long time) and don't use it much. I've recently seen a lot of double loop bows and have been thinking of experimenting and making some. Now I don't have to "experiment" and think to figure it out - I can just copy Becca.

Jan Castle said...

Thanks so much Patti...really like the fact it's almost hands free!!! I saw Becca's blog about it but needed more details....thanks for supplying them!!!
Hugs,
Jan

- - Sheryl - - said...

You can also make tiny bows using a fork! Yes a fork. I keep a fork in my carousel while crafting! Works the same way as the two pegs - cheaper - LOL

Kit said...

Seeing this bowmaker takes me back to my woodshop days. I like that you can decide the lengths you want. A worthy DIY.

Helen said...

Hi Patti,
I saw her video and made one myself but I haven't use it yet.

Sandy Ang said...

Such a great tip. Love the idea and will definitely try it.